Monday, December 27, 2010

Thank you

Once all the paper is torn off (and the excitement has worn off), it's time to say, "Thank you." Every year I print out cards for my kids to make it a little easier for them to express their thanks. I use them, too. We keep it simple, making a list for each kid (and grown-up) while the gifts are still fresh in our minds. The notes aren't long or elaborate, but I encourage them to take a bit of time to think about each person.

Do you write thank you notes? If you do, and you'd like to use these simple holiday-themed cards, please feel free to download the PDF. (For your own use, not for resale or to post elsewhere, please.) Print onto card stock and cut in half, then fold in half again. Each sheet will give you two cards, one of each design, which will fit into A2 envelopes.

I don't write them all at once, but keeping the cards on my desk reminds me to work on them a little at a time. My kids do a few every day, too. I think it's important to say thank you, or to find other ways to show appreciation for the things people give and do. What do you think? Do you write notes? What other ways do you say thank you? Please share your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I am so bad at writing Thank You notes. I just have never gotten into the habit, and it is so hard to remember to do it. Also, I have a hard time using the paper and stamps when I can say thank you with a phone call. I send out Christmas cards since it is the only time that many of our family will get an updated photo of Mathea but most of the year I send e-cards. I use snail mail for those who don't have email, and the extra special events.

    I guess I should do thank you notes especially so Mathea learns the importance of acknowledging a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a thank-you note fanatic! My parents would not let us use our gifts until AFTER the thank you notes had been written so years and years of that means that I've got that habit and pattern built up as well. And it's rare! I rarely get thank you notes from others (and when I do get snail mail at all, it means so much!). Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, now that you mention it, I think I get just as many thank you phone calls as notes, so I think lots of people do that, too. I do it for some people, as well.

    Anne-Marie, I know that you are! One of my favorite things about your blog is when you share your Etsy note card purchases! :0) I think I'm as obsessed with the paper as I am with the writing! I like the idea of writing the thank you before using the gift. (My kids, however, would not have liked it!!) You'll have so much fun passing this tradition along to your little one! Not too long now...hope you're feeling well! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails